Brad Lewis Report
- Dent Paddock. Barbara Dent took them on a tour and suggested the area be given an Aboriginal name with information to include information on the family. Works have begun clearing the area for fencing, then demolition of buildings and then the paths.
Kingston are asking for opinions on Dog Policy. Hopefully a no dog policy will flow onto similar reserves.
- Epsom boardwalk demolition has be delayed due to weather. No plan to replace.
- Elder Street Reserve (Clayton South) trial of seeding native grasses over a hectare.
- Applying for a DELWP for a Peri Urban grant to employ the Bunurong Land Team.
- Habitat Hectare survey to commence soon This will help plan the next Biodiversity Strategy.
- Mentone Life Saving Club – foundations are being done for new boardwalk.
- Parkdale Yacht Club – carpark and ramp will start next year. There will be 3 formalised car spots but no net gain so within code.
- Disabled Discrimination Act. Six carparks north of Mordialloc will be worked on to provide better accessibility for all. Vegetation will be lost.
- Coastal Marine Management Plan has not yet been passed by DELWP.
- Heights Park (Chelsea Heights) – pre planning is on the cards for an upgrade **** Look out for a walking excursion
- The Grange. Interpretive audio signs(4) coming soon.
Penny suggested the Friends Groups get together.
Vegetation behind the new toilet block at end of pier?
A. Will be a formal garden bed with native vegetation.
Hazel Pierce Rainbow sculpture?
A. Being installed tomorrow. DELWP said no to Baytrail at Parkdale an yes to Hazel Pierce Reserve. No consultation!
2018 State Government promise to protect the Green Wedge. Still the plan of protection has not been improved. How can you protect the Green Wedge when The Train Yard, Alex Frasier works etc are allowed?
Bradshaw Bushland Reserve
There is still the matter of a proposed shared pathway on the boundary adjacent to the existing rail line. Need to advocate for a different location.
Mordialloc Creek Community
New Wetland. Will be re re testing as time has passed (10 Years). Revisiting to get a cost analysis.
New lighting to be installed in tunnel under Pompei bridge.
Friends of Mordialloc Catchment
George Woods Reserve. Fencing is being fixed. A wider (4m) path installed last year is being avoided by walkers due to larger vehicles using it. The result is more goat tracks.
Pompei Development Site
Developers want to vary the permit conditions . Hide the original Pompei Boat building sign at the back of carpark. Remove the illumination of the Seeker hull. No restoration of Seeker Hull.