Guest Speaker – Brad Lewis
Brad explained his role as Team Leader of the two branches of Foreshore and Bushland.
Main points –
- Coastal & Marine Management Plan was endorsed by Council in December. Council has an advocacy role regarding water area (eg water catchment, boating, jet skis).
- Peter Scullin Reserve. Check out January 31st Council Meeting Minutes. It features in the Enbloc resolutions.
- Proposed wetlands that were to be created are under review.
- Eel Race Rd – Habitat hectare survey held every 10 years is underway soon. Remnant vegetation has been found.
- Dent’s Paddock – Work will commence, once permit has been granted.
- Aspendale Life Saving Club has been demolished and will be rebuilt before next Summer.
- Mentone Life Saving Club. Plan to plant 3 plants to every 1 lost.
- Friends Groups are restarting.
We thanked Brad for his attendance and invited him back on a quarterly basis. He has offered to send us a monthly report.
Peter Scullin Reserve
Plans have been passed. Susannah Kenny Council Officer informed Judy that a Electronic Vehicle charging station is planned for Peter Scullin Reserve Carpark. Concerned about solar panel recycling and Raid Antigen Test packaging waste.