Mentone Life Saving Club Precinct Development
DELWP have allowed the removal of a large section of the cliff to allow vehicle access to beach.
We met with coordinator of the project Brad Lewis (Team leader Bushland and Foreshore), he will be attending our February meeting.
Round the table
- Mordialloc Creek – Litter survey. Due to no fencing policy (Living Links) vegetation has been trampled where the initially installed fencing was. Complaints were made, and fencing has been reinstalled at sensitive areas but not in the Living Links area.
- People concerned about polluted water pouring into the creek from a drain. Emily Boucher and Melbourne Water were informed. Apparently coming from the pumping station and not a concern.
- George Woods Reserve. The granitic track has widened and eroded and tree roots exposed probably due to COVID causing increased activity.
- Need to change Business cards, and to distribute Coast & Creek booklets.
- Meeting concluded with a presentation to Nina for winning the Victorian Environment Friends Network Best Friends Award 2021.